Sacked by the "downturn", an unemployed architect touring the country in a bus...




I used to live in New York City. I designed homes for the tycoons of Wall Street; Park Avenue, Scarsdale, Greenwich. It was great fun. And, after years of saving up for a down payment, I was just about to buy my own little place in Fleetwood, half an hour north of the city, when the economy fell apart. Architects are like canaries in a coal mine when the economy slows, and true to form, there were massive layoffs in firms all over the country. Devastation of the profession. So, I decided to try to find something else to do for a while. I bought a 23' school bus and I'm on the road to see if I can figure out what that might be.

Monday, July 5, 2010

Chair Progress

Click here for a Flickr slide show of my full size mock up construction progress.

(Lots of compound angles in that seat, and especially because the front of the seat will be higher than the back, but the plinth blocks must come out vertical... I calculated a lot of Pythagorean triangle solutions.. using the calculator in my cell phone!)

No comments:

Post a Comment