Sacked by the "downturn", an unemployed architect touring the country in a bus...




I used to live in New York City. I designed homes for the tycoons of Wall Street; Park Avenue, Scarsdale, Greenwich. It was great fun. And, after years of saving up for a down payment, I was just about to buy my own little place in Fleetwood, half an hour north of the city, when the economy fell apart. Architects are like canaries in a coal mine when the economy slows, and true to form, there were massive layoffs in firms all over the country. Devastation of the profession. So, I decided to try to find something else to do for a while. I bought a 23' school bus and I'm on the road to see if I can figure out what that might be.

Monday, August 9, 2010

I have an idea...

I made a sketch accentuating the anthropomorphic forms, and have a great marketing tag in a high end niche.  It has great commercial potential.  I have been advised to remove it from the blog site, so....

DELETE!

details to follow :-)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Roy,
    A recent article in the NYT made me think of you and your wood working capabilities. It was thi past Sunday about a group that manufactures "stuff" from trees that were felled by storm and disease and sells them as tables etc. They were in the northwest. Google it.
    Ron Rainone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ron,

    Thanks, I'll look. The towns up here are full of interesting wood projects being done by some of the best woodworkers in the world. It's an amazing community.

    Cheers,

    Roy

    ReplyDelete